Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Any Way to Buy Steel Construction Beams Damaged?

W wrote:
"DanG" wrote in message
Look in your yellow pages under wrecking or demolition.

Here, they have an extensive yard full of beams, bar joists, etc.

What would be considered a good price to pay for a used construction
beam?

Scrap goes for $0.35 per pound around these parts. Drops (useable new steel
in odd lengths, usually 8 footers from my supplier) go for $0.65 per pound
if I'm doing the math right.

The scrap price is what it's been for the last couple of months, the drops
price is from my order about a month ago.

I guess it would depend on how "used" your beam is, how rusty, and in what
lengths.

Jon