Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Any Way to Buy Steel Construction Beams Damaged?

"W" wrote in message
Is there any way to buy steel construction beams that have some kind of
deformity or damage that would make them unable to be used in commercial
construction? I'm trying to find a way to buy beams for some backyard
Pergolas that would cost pennies on the dollar.

If you were in central MN, I could cut you a deal. Look to steel salvage
yards if you don't have time to buy at auction. Pretty hard to find good
deals these days though. You used to be able to show up on Saturday and
show'em the color of your money green to get a great deal. At least in MN,
those days are gone.

Karl