Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Newsgroup spammer hunted down...

On 13/06/2010 20:36, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Unless you see your mission as some kind of misplaced computer literacy
campaign. Obviously, these folks don't care *how* their computer or this
internet thingy works;

Agreed.

they just want it to work.

Nope, they want me to do their work for them. Personal assistant like.

Is that a crime?

It's a punishment on both sides.

Take ten years from now, a lot of people, young and old, will be lost
and confused as electronic communications become more fundamental to
"life, death and taxes". They will also be feeling rightly ripped off,
as everyone else has access to the cost benefits of shopping on line.

You call my worry about that a "misplaced computer literacy campaign"?

Perhaps in the future we will see folks employed as "technology personal
assistants" in the same vein that people employ personal accountants
today. I'm not talking about Best Buy 'Geek Squad' resolutions to
technical problems. Nope it will be someone skilled who can move a mouse
and fill in a web form, for those that won't :-(

I want another job, something more worthwhile than that...

--
Adrian C