Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Newsgroup spammer hunted down...

On 6/13/2010 12:28 PM Adrian C spake thus:

On 13/06/2010 19:51, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Them: Don't want that. Can YOU buy ME a computer so I can look at the
www internet thing? I'll give you the money.

Me: No.

You sound like exactly the kind of know-it-all elitist that these folks
*don't* need.

Correct. If I could be left alone ...

If you have the skills to help them, why don't you?

"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish
and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Didn't make it down to the bottom of my post, did you?

It was exactly what was at the bottom of your post that I was commenting on.

Instead of kvetching about what clueless and uncurious fools these
people are, you could have helped them: solved their problem, and (I'm
assuming) gotten paid for it. They would have been happy, and you would
have made some easy money.

Unless you see your mission as some kind of misplaced computer literacy
campaign. Obviously, these folks don't care *how* their computer or this
internet thingy works; they just want it to work. Is that a crime?