Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On 6/13/2010 8:43 PM, Nova wrote:
Bill wrote:
wrote in message

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:26:53 -0400, "Bill"

snip

If you would have had to make a fire-related claim with your home
owners
insurance company
you may have been up a creek (worth the risk?).

Bull****. You can't come up with one example of this actually happening
because it never has.

I found this example in 30 seconds; the OPs problem is sort of
interesting:

http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/l...833224624.html

The above article has nothing to do with an insurance claim being denied
due to a failure to obtain a building permit for electrical work?

The bizarre thing about it is that he wants to tear down the garage and
the zoning board wants him to tear down the garage, so WHY IS THERE A
PROBLEM? Seems to me that the thing to do is tear down the garage and
then get the permit to build the new one he wants.

But you're right that it has nothing to do with insurance.

However it is true that you _can_ end up up the creek. If you did
substandard wiring in violation of code _and_ if that substandard wiring
started the fire, THEN they could if they chose to be sticky deny the
claim.