Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

"Bill" wrote in
:

If you would have had to make a fire-related claim with your home
owners insurance company
you may have been up a creek (worth the risk?).

I don't want to waste the approximately $600/yr I spend for my
coverage. Where I live, the permit is $25--cheaper than pills to help
me sleep. Not only that, the idea pleases SWMBO! : ) Not only that,
I've never worked through the process
before so I will learn something from it. From my perspective, I don't
see a big downside.
I want to emphasize: YMMV!

Bill

Insurance issues aside, $25 for an inspection is cheap. Assuming you
have a good inspector, getting your work looked at by a professional for
$25 is cheap.

Puckdropper