Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:26:53 -0400, "Bill" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

The city seems to to have comingled several facets
(building/heating/cooling/plumbing/electrical) into
The Dept of Community Development. My assumption about the requirement was
based upon the NEC. Part of my project includes the installation of a new
subpanel.
One will be able to see if from the street and I don't want to ever have
answer any
hard questions about how it got there. In different circumstances, I
might
be more cavalier.

I didn't pull a permit to add my electrical panel, nor am I for the
finishing
job on the room above the garage (my shop, some day). I did when I added
garage, twenty years ago and that included a sub panel.

If you would have had to make a fire-related claim with your home owners
insurance company
you may have been up a creek (worth the risk?).

Bull****. You can't come up with one example of this actually happening
because it never has.

I don't want to waste the approximately $600/yr I spend for my coverage.
Where I live, the permit is $25--cheaper than pills to help me sleep.
Not only that, the idea pleases SWMBO! : ) Not only that, I've never
worked through the process
before so I will learn something from it. From my perspective, I don't see a
big downside.
I want to emphasize: YMMV!

You've bought into a pack of lies.