Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Newsgroup spammer hunted down...

On 6/13/2010 10:47 AM Adrian C spake thus:

I posted this somewhere sometime ago.

-------

Got a few elderly pensioner folk (them) that get sent in my direction.

Them: I hear you know something about that www internet thing?

Me: Er, yeah ...

Them: Can I buy a computer so I can look at the www internet thing?

Me: Your local library has plenty of internet terminals, classes on
using the internet, people you can talk to, books you can read about
computers, magazines. They are spending money so you don't have to.

Them: Don't want that. Can YOU buy ME a computer so I can look at the
www internet thing? I'll give you the money.

Me: No.

[snip]

You sound like exactly the kind of know-it-all elitist that these folks
*don't* need. If you have the skills to help them, why don't you?

Oh, I see, it's because they're not interested in the computer except
for [fill in single application--email, web, etc.--they ARE interested
in]. So that's a crime? They just want to use the goddamn thing for
something THEY consider a worthwhile usage, but that's not good enough
for you. You simply must criticize them for being uninterested in the
things that *you* consider essential for any computer user to know.

Sheesh.