Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Precision vs. "Regular" collets

On 2010-06-12, Jim Wilkins wrote:
The second-hand x/32 and x/64 collets were apparently never used.

* * * * Which may cause you to stop and think "Do I really *need* those
sizes?" :-)

* * * * I have mostly the 1/16" sizes, plus a few of the smaller step
ones, and (so far) *one* metric size -- 5.00 mm. *Get the special sizes
as you need them. *...

Good advice, in fact the shorter list I posted earlier is all I really
need. I couldn't pass up the deal on the others, though.

It's so tempting to treat the Heavy 10 lathe as a museum piece and
collect every possible accessory. And a 1965 lathe gives more use and
takes less space than a 1965 car.

jsw