Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Michael Koblic[_2_] Michael Koblic[_2_] is offline

Default Help soldering broken bandsaw blade

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
.. .

"Artemus" wrote in message
snip---

It is soldering and not brazing that I'm trying to do so I don't *think*
need the 'real' stuff. I'm attempting to do what these guys are doing
without
buying their package.
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/200...azing-Kit.aspx
As they use a butane torch I doubt they really are brazing.
Art

That's your mistake. You don't "think" you need the 'real' stuff.

You do.

Lead free solder has no tensile strength to speak of. It doesn't come
close to resembling silver solder, even if it *is* silver bearing solder.

Get the 'real' stuff and enjoy success, although you must have a greater
lap area if you don't want to experience joint failure.

Amen to that!

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC