Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

"Bill" wrote in
:

When I submitted a purchase agreement, I requested that the seller's
add labels
to the 3 year old main panel. It didn't have a single one! I was
glad I did, because
I learned that each ceiling fan had a breaker, for instance, and I
would probably still
be guessing what the breaker for for the sump pump was for!

Do you label any of the wires themselves (or anything else along those
lines)?

Bill

I would. I'd label them at several points, especially around an access
point to a chase or other area where there are several cables running
near each other.

On our club model railroad, we had two bus runs (basically circuits) next
to each other. It was extremely difficult to distinguish between them,
and the wire that wasn't supposed to be tapped in to was. Labeled wires
probably would have prevented that problem. (There's now a permanent
marker stripe down one wire as well as several labels.)

Puckdropper