Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_5_] Josepi[_5_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

That depends whether you ever will open up a wall and wonder where the
cables go.

I think he meant the breakers. I usually do it in pencil on a separate sheet
and then after I get the three word descriptions and abrev. (word too long)
down I label the permanent sticker with marking pen.

Most figure they will after and then **after** they can't temeber where it
all went too and then one-of-these-days, I'll get a 'round-tuit, and I could
never find one of those online to buy.

Anybody know where to buy a round tuit?

"Bill" wrote in message
When I submitted a purchase agreement, I requested that the seller's add
labels
to the 3 year old main panel. It didn't have a single one! I was glad I
did, because
I learned that each ceiling fan had a breaker, for instance, and I would
probably still
be guessing what the breaker for for the sump pump was for!

Do you label any of the wires themselves (or anything else along those
lines)?

Bill

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

Remember to label as you
go, and label everything. I had to replace a switch today and wound up
shutting off every 120V breaker in the unlabeled panel to get the power
shut off.

(What's really irritating this was a new panel and the old one was
sufficiently labeled.)