Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

"Josepi" wrote in message

Do **NOT** drill through engineered trusses. If a building Inspector saw
this he may make you replace them.....big job!!!!

I wasn't planning to here, but that is a nice piece of knowledge to have.
Thanks!

You mentioned "building permit". We would not be involved in a building
permit, but rather a wiring permit. Inside a garage, nobody is going to
know
what you have done and if you are not modifying the structure, who cares?

The folks who would pay a claim on a homeowner's insurance policy. I don't
wish
to provide them with an easy out--even if a fire might be caused by a
furnace,
hot water heater, or existing wiring. I've seen that they work pretty hard
to avoid
writing checks, and I'm not an attorney and I don't wish to have to hire
one.
In the absense of a building permit, I would leave myself vulnerable. Maybe
your
answer would have been different if I had disclosed that it was an attached
garage?

Bill