Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Jewish Pirates.

On 6/11/2010 3:25 PM, Peter wrote:
The family would sit
together and watch Red Skelton. Comedians were funny without spouting
loads foul language. Most of it was black and white and back then, I
suppose you could say most folks saw the world in black and white and
not so complicated as it is today.

TDD

You have a more favorable view of "most people" today than I do. Just
look at the internal political polarization in countries that allow real
freedom of political expression, the international political
polarization concerning the Israeli/Palestinian situation, and think of
many of the responses that you've read over the past 10 days or so on
this insanely off-topic discussion (OT. Jewish Pirates). I fear "most
people" still view things in black and white rather than through a
thoughtful, nuanced lens.

What I wrote about was in the past. Today the world is so complicated
that not one single individual could possibly understand everything
that's happening. All I can comprehend is a mere glimmer and the biggest
problem I see is that the people in charge can't or won't admit it as
I will.

TDD