Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

"Josepi" wrote in message
news
I am not certain where you want to run the cables.

Josephi,

The cable needs to go from the subpanel, straight up the inside of a wall to
the attic and from there go about 12-15 feet to the top of an adjacent wall
where it comes back down. The difficulty (for me) was how the cable should
go through the attic. This portion of the attic already has "flooring" and
I'd prefer not to mess with that. Mike suggested a "running board" which
would span the roof joists, I imagine it would be quite low. I "knew"
running cable from roof joist to roof joist (without a "running board") just
"had to be wrong" because of the proximity to possible moisture there. I
will do some homework on the "running board" concept and look for some
examples to see what I might be overlooking.

I told my wife I was planning to submit some SU pictures with my request for
a building permit and she thought I was trying to "show off"! This was
funny to me because the situation is actually quite the opposite, but after
considering it I hope the pictures will help make a good impression.

Bill