Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
The NEC addresses this. You can't just staple up romex to the underside
of joists.

Yes, I had read this.

You can install running boards and then staple to those though.

Ah, now that's a Fine idea! : )

The NEC is a tough read if you don't already know what you're looking for
and where it is addressed,

Yes, I've noticed that!

however you can find adequate information in a number of DIY wiring books
available at places like Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Would be worth the money
for ya.

I bought "Stanley's" wiring book. I've learned a bit from it, and it is
nice to read, but it does not contain
the suggestion you made about "running boards", and I doubt the other books
do either.
I will feel better about that design too! I will just plan to nail up a 4"
path
of 1/2" stock near the base of the roof joists. It will look great! : )
Now, I can author my design with a
little more authority (reminds me of the letter Ralphie wrote for his
teacher in the movie The Christmas Story)!

Bill

--

-Mike-