Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Bill wrote:

Yes, I understand. If your breakers work the way they should, then
they would protect you, your family and your property. But don't
they fail on occasion?
I think of them as a backup.

If you keep trying to find potential problems this way, you will never
wire your garage. After all - what is the difference between and
extension cord and a wired outlet? If that breaker failure occurs, the
impact is the same at the outlet as it is at the extension cord. How do
you think it is going to be any safer by not using the extension cord?

Nothing is waiting on the extension cord. It just surprised me that I was
the
one who observed a difference between an extension cord and a wall outlet.
I would
have thought it more likely for our roles to have been reversed on that
detail.

Bill