Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Help soldering broken bandsaw blade

On 6/10/2010 7:58 PM, Artemus wrote:

(...)

Aha! Thanks Winston, that's a nice site. He's using 1/2" on a .035
blade so 3/8" on my .025 ought to be in the ballpark. Now to figure
out how to do it - the Dremels out for sure. I've give it a shot on the
grinder or beltsander.

As Lloyd and Ted mentioned, the higher silver content solder
(ca. 45-50%) is probably what you really want.

Beware though!

Compatible flux is critical. Match the flux to your solder
WRT temperature or be very frustrated! DAMHIKT

--Winston