Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On 6/10/10 10:16 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
Yes, but lately (here in Texas at least) it's rather common to see signs
next to a regular green light that say "Protected left on green". The
first time I saw that I said "What the hell does THAT mean?!". I'll tell
you what it means: "We've decided to program the lights at this
intersection so that a regular green light REALLY means you have a green
arrow, but we're too damn cheap to install a REAL green arrow". Since
they've opened that stupid can of worms, they probably figure they'd
better cover their asses by explicitly saying "Left turn yields on
green" in case some litigious dumbass decides to assume "Protected left
on green" for an unadorned regular green light...

I think you are spot on with that.
20+ years of using arrows and they decide they're too expensive or some
such nonsense.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)