Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A letter......

Sunworshipper on Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:28:54 -0500 typed

Part of the problem..and we have seen this in banks..is that many places
are not able to speak spanish...and as such...would rather just push the
individual through the system rather than not take their money and be
embarassed.

Many times a latino can simply dummy down, speak nothing but spanish and
look bewildered, and get away with all manner of things that we English
speakers have to show a ****load of ID for.

Ive a buddy, who is 4th Generation American, 25 yr Army vet...who looks
just like he got off the bus from Guatamala. He has played this card
for years, simply because of the digust he shows for any system that
allowed itself to be manipulated in such a fashion.

Gunner

Or like, the time I was driving back from mexico and had to show my
'real' DL to the border guard, he asked me what state I was born in.
He looked like he never heard of that state before. All I could think
of was, "You know like the first, May Flower, Plymouth Rock..."

Hmmm, probably just started a war for the first with NY.

Traveling by bus in the mid seventies, got stopped by a sweep. Was
asked "where were you born?" First thing which came to mind: "My
girlfriend was born in Munich." while I tried to remember where I'd
been born. (It had been years, and I'd been just a baby at the time.)

Yeap, or another time (been across many times) 3 whites and one
obvious latina in the car driving back and she gets carded, she came
unglue at that dude for embarrassing her. Made her dig out that 'real'
ID though.

Friend had a similar story, only she was considered the 'latina'
(she was part Native American, but from upstate New York) her friend
was from New Mexico, and the Guy was from Spain. And the less
Hispanic looking, the more Spanish was spoken. She thought it a hoot,
later.

SW

--
pyotr filipivich