Posted to alt.home.repair
Existential Angst Existential Angst is offline

Default Marvel Lubricating Oil

wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 20:44:37 -0400, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:04:57 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

On Jun 9, 4:53 pm, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
"J Burns" wrote in message

A decal on my furnace blower seemed to say the motor was permanently
lubricated. The other day I got my head a little lower and saw a
second
decal saying it should be lubricated every couple of years with 20W
nondetergent oil.

I think 3-in-1 is like that, but I can't find my can. I did find a
4-ounce container of Marvel Lubricating Oil. Among the uses listed
on
the
label is "small electric motors."

Small is relative. Would Marvel Lubricating Oil be good for a
furnace
blower?

It would proly depend on whether the bearings were bronze sleeve, or
ball
bearing.
My first impulse is that marvel would be a little thick for bronze
sleeve,
proly OK for ball bearing.

I think Marvel is more of an additive to oils, but not sure. I have a
bunch, I'll check the apparent viscosity, etc.
The folks on rec.crafts.metalworking would have more info on oils,
motors,
bearings, etc.

SaltyAss is an idiot, with his one-syllable responses.
--
EA

Ive always used 3 N1 for that application, I am pretty sure its 20W.

JImmie

3 in One does have a version for small motors that is straight 20
weight. Not the same as the "household" 3 in one.

Marvel is basically ATF, and is only suitble for giving Existential
Angst an enema. He needs them daily because he is always full of ****.

Notice that his answer is that he really has no idea what Marvel Oil
is, but he gives advice anyway.

Actually, no one except research chemists know what ANY oil is, ergo the
field day that these companies have in making all their outrageous claims.
Ergo the fact that the largely useless WD40 dominates the market, altho
their under-handed marketing certainly helps.

There is stupid, and then there is so stupid you don't even know you are
stupid.
You are the latter.

So, SaltyAss, in his original one word answer (No), guessed right,

It was not a guess.

No?
And your claim that MM oil was ATF was, what, based on your own chemical
research?

And, boy does that make you mad!

So now you are both mad and stupid.

See the above on stupidness

Your mother clearly never slapped you enough.
--
EA