Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default UK electronics bits/ junk shops?

In article ,
N_Cook wrote:
I've wondered about that. I asked a teacher at the local large school
if they had an after school electronics construction club - we had at
the school I went to. And the answer was no. Computer ones, though. It
also seems odd to me that many computer whizz kids wouldn't know how
to change a faulty hard drive on a desktop.

I suppose when I was a kid you could save some money by building a
radio etc. Not so now.

Don't local radio ham clubs often have a young members section for hands
on tinkering as well as radio procedure?. Probably clobbered by paedo
paranoia over the last few years

Could be - but despite a life long interest in electronics, ham radio
leaves me cold.

--
*I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.