Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default New table saw - can't change blade

gray asphalt wrote:
Ryobi from Home Depot ... I realize it's a reverse thread.
Ryobi supples two wrenches and there seems to plenty
of torque. Still under return for 45 more days but I hate to
return an item this expensive because someone overightened
the nut at the factory. If I get the nut off will I have damaged
anything? ... I mean if the damage isn't obvious. Is there any
damage done from overtightening in the first place?

Not unless you do it yourself, no.

More than likely some Borg doofus turned it on w/o having fully
tightened the arbor nut or checking that it wasn't only finger
tight--that'll run one one extremely tightly for sure(+).

But, it won't be tight enough to have stretched the shaft bolt
sufficiently to do any damage, no...

If'en the supplied wrench isn't long enough, use a bigger one or
block the locking one and use a hammer to apply a shock to the nut a la
an impact wrench...

(+)Once upon a time when just a young lad (relatively speaking, of
course ) in a hurry I thought that would be the quick way so did just
hand-tighten and go...well, it wasn't time well saved given the time
required to undo it later... Lesson learned, however...