Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default New table saw - can't change blade

"gray asphalt" wrote in message
Ryobi from Home Depot ... I realize it's a reverse thread.
Ryobi supples two wrenches and there seems to plenty
of torque. Still under return for 45 more days but I hate to
return an item this expensive because someone overightened
the nut at the factory. If I get the nut off will I have damaged
anything? ... I mean if the damage isn't obvious. Is there any
damage done from overtightening in the first place?

I would think that the problem is some kind of metal bonding, rust, paint,
etc. I would spray it with WD-40 or something similar. Let it soak
overnight. Then attack it with some kind of pipe over the wrenchs to provide
more leverage. Once it breaks free, you will know better what is happening.

Also, as long as you are going in the right direction, some hammer taps on
the wrench will help move a stubborn nut. Just don't overdo it or go the
wrong direction.