Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac,sci.engr.control,sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Humidity Detecting Switch

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:15:02 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

I've seen $250 humidity detecting fans (Broan?). I have a timer on my bath
fans, and motion detectors on my hallway lights (installed when my dad was
dying), so I can't believe they can't make a wall switch which detects
humidity. ANyone see one? Couldn't find one with google. Besides the
bathrooms, I'd wonder if I can't have one for the house when I'm away and
don't want to have the heat or cool on just to prevent mildew. I hadn't used
cooling in years and the upstairs duct perspired onto my ceiling.

There are many humdiity detectors available today. None as a switch,
as they require a good air flow (and a switch won't have any air-flow)
but you can mount them in unobtrusive places (such as near the fan) if
you wanted, and use the wall switch as a master on/off.