Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.control,sci.electronics.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Humidity Detecting Switch

wrote:
I've seen $250 humidity detecting fans (Broan?). I have a timer on my
bath fans, and motion detectors on my hallway lights (installed when
my dad was dying), so I can't believe they can't make a wall switch
which detects humidity. ANyone see one? Couldn't find one with
google. Besides the bathrooms, I'd wonder if I can't have one for
the house when I'm away and don't want to have the heat or cool on
just to prevent mildew. I hadn't used cooling in years and the
upstairs duct perspired onto my ceiling.

Googling "wall mount humidistat" will return hits like the following:

Broan DH100W
Honeywell H46C
Honeywell H8908B
Honeywell H600A