Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default UK electronics bits/ junk shops?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote in message
In article ,
Peter Hill wrote:
Can we blame it on the Internet, schools or the everything's too
dangerous to touch / no user serviceable parts mentality that's been
pushed for last 30-40 years?

I've wondered about that. I asked a teacher at the local large school if
they had an after school electronics construction club - we had at the
school I went to.
And the answer was no. Computer ones, though. It also seems odd to me that
many computer whizz kids wouldn't know how to change a faulty hard drive
on a desktop.

I suppose when I was a kid you could save some money by building a radio
etc. Not so now.

--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Don't local radio ham clubs often have a young members section for hands on
tinkering as well as radio procedure?. Probably clobbered by paedo paranoia
over the last few years