Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Leaking chimney, but where is the water getting in? (see pics)

stuart noble wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Jim K wrote:
On Jun 9, 11:58 pm, Weatherlawyer wrote:
On 8 June, 21:37, Jim K wrote:

On Jun 8, 9:23 pm, Weatherlawyer wrote:
You are an idiot.
There is nothing going down the chimney from above the lead.
Look under the lead. It isn't doing anything. Get a picture of the
roof when it is raining. It will be a puddle deeper than the
bottom of
the lead. So what he has there is a big shallow pool draining into
the
fireplace.
and just how the F do you know that then einstein?
which picture shows what's under the lead?
I think you're the presumptive idiot here.....
Presumptive? No. Aggressive yes and an idiot at times.
When he posts the pool picture you will see the bloody obvious, though
how you missed the bloody obvious about the chimney not leaking above
the lead I can not hope to guess.

you mean we have to wait and see if your presumptions are correct?

Stiill at least you accept there's no evidence yet of what you think
is wrong, that's a step forward, but still a long way to go tho ;)

Cheers
Jim K

The first time I swa that flashing I thought 'thats simply wrong'

Flashing is done the way its done because that way works.

It hasn't been done that way, ergo it probably wont work.

It doesn't take much brain to look at a car with square wheels and say
'that wont drive very well'

But I expect you would want scientific tests to back that up, as well.

What's strange in all this is that the original roofer apparently can't
figure it out.

that's probably because he isn't. A roofer.

Hes a purveyor of loft conversions.