Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Marvel Lubricating Oil

On 6/9/2010 2:24 PM, J Burns wrote:
A decal on my furnace blower seemed to say the motor was permanently
lubricated. The other day I got my head a little lower and saw a second
decal saying it should be lubricated every couple of years with 20W
nondetergent oil.

I think 3-in-1 is like that, but I can't find my can. I did find a
4-ounce container of Marvel Lubricating Oil. Among the uses listed on
the label is "small electric motors."

Small is relative. Would Marvel Lubricating Oil be good for a furnace
blower?

Someone has already mentioned the turbine oil in the plastic bottle with
the pull out spout. It can be found at just about any appliance
parts store, HVAC, electric motor or industrial supply house. What
I've seen comes in SAE-10 and SAE-20 weight. 3-IN-ONE produces a
special SAE-20 blend for electric motors larger than 1/4 HP.

http://www.shopwiki.com/Zoom+Spout+Oil

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/pro...aspx?SKU=10705

TDD