Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default UK electronics bits/ junk shops?

On 6/9/2010 10:51 PM Winston spake thus:

On 6/9/2010 10:26 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 6/9/2010 11:41 AM DaveC spake thus:

Same exact thing has happened here in the San Francisco Bay Area,
which should be surprising, given that this area includes Silicon
Valley. I've seen dozens of electronics/surplus stores vanish. Haltek
& Halted: gone. Weird Stuff: still there, but a faint shadow of its
former greatness. I'm sure other folks here can name many others that
are RIP.

Halted (HSC) Electronics, alive and well in Santa Clara and Rohnert Park:
http://www.halted.com/

Huh; didn't know they were still around. I used to go to their store
when they were in Mountain View, but that was a long time ago.

You mean Haltek? They've been gone a long time.

Ah, so, you're right.

I first visited them when their store was off Sterlin Rd.
in Mountain View. (Since renamed N. Shoreline Blvd.)

Ackshooly, that's Stierlin Rd. I remember that. (Used to work on
Industrial Wy. in Palo Alto, near the former Ford Aerospace plant, since
sold to Sun, a short walk from Mt. View.)