Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default UK electronics bits/ junk shops?

On 6/9/2010 11:41 AM DaveC spake thus:

Same exact thing has happened here in the San Francisco Bay Area, which
should be surprising, given that this area includes Silicon Valley. I've
seen dozens of electronics/surplus stores vanish. Haltek & Halted: gone.
Weird Stuff: still there, but a faint shadow of its former greatness.
I'm sure other folks here can name many others that are RIP.

Halted (HSC) Electronics, alive and well in Santa Clara and Rohnert Park:

http://www.halted.com/

Huh; didn't know they were still around. I used to go to their store
when they were in Mountain View, but that was a long time ago.

Jameco is a mailorder supplier in Belmont, just off of 101, that has a
will-call counter where you can pick up and/or place orders:

http://www.jameco.com/

Forgot about Jameco. Since I used to work in Belmont I used to stop by
there from time to time. Nice to be able to pick stuff up.

And of course here in the East Bay we have Al Lasher's Electronics in
Bezerkeley. Great old-time store.