Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Marvel Lubricating Oil

On Jun 9, 4:53*pm, "Existential Angst"
wrote:
"J Burns" wrote in message

A decal on my furnace blower seemed to say the motor was permanently
lubricated. *The other day I got my head a little lower and saw a second
decal saying it should be lubricated every couple of years with 20W
nondetergent oil.

I think 3-in-1 is like that, but I can't find my can. *I did find a
4-ounce container of Marvel Lubricating Oil. *Among the uses listed on the
label is "small electric motors."

Small is relative. *Would Marvel Lubricating Oil be good for a furnace
blower?

It would proly depend on whether the bearings were bronze sleeve, or ball
bearing.
My first impulse is that marvel would be a little thick for bronze sleeve,
proly OK for ball bearing.

I think Marvel is more of an additive to oils, but not sure. *I have a
bunch, I'll check the apparent viscosity, etc.
The folks on rec.crafts.metalworking would have more info on oils, motors,
bearings, etc.

SaltyAss is an idiot, with his one-syllable responses.
--
EA

Ive always used 3 N1 for that application, I am pretty sure its 20W.

JImmie