Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
DaveC[_3_] DaveC[_3_] is offline

Default IC Package Drawing Database?

Thats your answer, grab the data sheets. ;-)

That's what I resort to, although it really would be nice if there was a
one stop shop of package drawings or dimensions. There are so many
different packages now that I can't keep track of them all.

For example this datasheet has 5 different package drawings that it calls
"Small Outline Package", all with different dimensions:

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74hct244.pdf

Isn't the idea of a package "name" supposed be a single identity including
dimensions (differing, of course, in length, to accommodate different pin
counts)?

From the same manufacturer, no less...

Thanks,
Dave