Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default UK electronics bits/ junk shops?

In article ,
DaveC newsgroups wrote:

Halted (HSC) Electronics, alive and well in Santa Clara and Rohnert Park:

http://www.halted.com/

Anchor Electronics in Santa Clara, not far from Halted:

http://www.anchor-electronics.com/

Excess Solutions in Milpitas is also worth visiting.

Jameco is a mailorder supplier in Belmont, just off of 101, that has a
will-call counter where you can pick up and/or place orders:

http://www.jameco.com/

Fry's, who are responsible for the closure of many of those small electronics
suppliers, isn't worth mentioning. Other than when I do visit, the one thing
I want is out of stock. They have no intelligent stocking procedu both
high-demand and low-demand items are equally stocked. Guess which shelf space
is always empty? Brain-dead management.

No, actually, the "Brain-dead management" shelves usually seem to be
well-stocked at Fry's. I guess nobody wants to buy brain-dead
management in retail quantities (most companies seem to buy it
wholesale, and probably pay more for it that way).

:-)

--
Dave Platt AE6EO