Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 16:50:22 -0500, "basilisk" wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
news

Gee, I wonder if they standarized the positions for color-blind
drivers.

Works for me ...

The rare time I have trouble is at night with a blinking light at a cross
roads. I either do the same as the car in front of me, pulling over and
letting someone pass as the bell cow if need be; or slow to a complete
stop if necessary, and/or proceed with caution.

Also these idiot designed new left turn lights threw me the first time I
saw them in Austin last year, and now they're spreading to the rest of
Texas.

With the new left turn lights, the left turn arrow, which used to only be
lit when it was green, now stays is constantly lit and turns from red to
green ... that was a bitch the first time ... and totally unnecessary if
you think about it.

AFAIK there is no color blind test for driving in any place in the US I've
lived. However, there was in Germany ... I failed, but got the license
anyway because I was the ranking Army officer in the area at the time ..
the old Germanic respect for authority, safety be damned, I suppose.

Up until about 10 years ago Bessemer, AL's traffic lights in the older
parts of town only had a red and green light with no yellow warning.
Made for interesting driving and the city cops were wore out at the end
of the day from writing tickets to red light runners.

Poughkeepsie NY used to have two-light traffic lights. The transition from
green to red (nominally the yellow light) was indicated by red and green being
lit simultaneously.