Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:53:02 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Jun 9, 3:04*pm, " wrote:
On Jun 9, 1:11*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Jun 9, 11:46*am, -MIKE- wrote:

On 6/9/10 10:42 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

"older people loose red sensing"

Yeah, but the *position* of each light doesn't change.

Unless their mounted horizontally, like under bridges or in hurricane
prone areas.
One could presume they might have a standard for which side green is on,
in those cases.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Yes, there is a standard. It's *always* Red on left, Yellow in the
middle and Green on the right.

Gee, I wonder if they standarized the positions for color-blind
drivers.

Yes, on the left (in the US). *;-)- Hide quoted text -

Is red on the right *of the fixture* (not the road) outside of the US?

Depends. In the UK the standardized position for color-blind drivers is on
the right. ;-)