Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Precision vs. "Regular" collets

I'm actually pretty serious about finding out... It comes up here at the
shop at least one a month.

Well I checked one other source right off, he hadn't written up
anything on that term yet. You could sign up at his site and ask the
question. Dave has a discussion/forum area. See:

http://www.wordorigins.org/

The link I posted covers a lot of sources. I think you will have a hard
time finding much more info than that. Quite a few of my better
reference books are quoted/used in that article.

The Google Books Project has been pushing antedates back for terms like
this with great regularity. Still takes some follow up though, their
OCR process also introduces quite a few errors...

Leon,

What you provided was enough to get us to the point of satisfaction for this
week. Thank you.

Might follow up on those other leads in the futuer though. Curiosity...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R