Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Unknown Turntable belt size - how to determine?

William R. Walsh wrote in message
Hi!

Does 24.5mm sound right?

Well, it seems very, very close.

http://www.turntablebasics.com/belts/penney.html

This one seemed to have a somewhat broken system, as the page said
that the belt was in stock. Yet when I tried to order one, I was told
that the belt was out of stock. Okay, whatever. Maybe that site needs
a little nap? :-)

http://www.vintage-electronics.cc/ (snipped)

This one seemed to work OK, and was a few dollars cheaper.

I usually deal with Studio Sound Electronics, as they were mentioned
in the FAQ as a source for these kinds of parts, and I've been happy
with everything I ever got from them. As long as I met the minimum
order (so as not to get charged a few bucks extra), everything was
fine. (They don't carry a 24.5mm belt.)

It looks like I'm going to have to replace the tape deck belts.
Everything was OK until I tested the recording mode and then the
cassette belt fell off. It's totally flabby and spent. This doesn't
look like fun to me.

I was surprised by the uniform dust carpet (!!) inside the unit, given
that there are only vents on the back. I was also surprised to see a
hybrid audio power amplifier module (STK4151 II) as opposed to a
discrete power amplification setup.

William

near enough 1 inch wide or 1 inch ring diameter ? surely not 1 inch diameter
of the rubber cord . Or 24.5 cm ?