Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Faurot[_2_] Michael Faurot[_2_] is offline

Default Forstner bits - why no 5/16, 7/16

gray asphalt wrote:
I'm a newbie. Wondering why the forstner drill bit sets
seem to increment by 1/8", with no 5/16 7/16 etc.

If you want a set with both the 1/8th and 1/16th increment bits,
Rockler has this set:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...orstner%20bits

If you all ready have a set of bits with the 1/8th increments and just
need the 1/16th increments, there is this set from Rockler:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...orstner%20bits

I all ready had a set of Forstner bits and got the additional 1/16th
increment bits to fill things out. I think I got mine on sale, but
the regular price of $28 isn't too bad.