Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Jun 6, 9:51*pm, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:
Ugh - older people loose red sensing. *Color blind loos other colors.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.http://lufkinced.com/

On 6/6/2010 7:31 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

In , *wrote:
On 6/6/10 6:26 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
In ,
* wrote:

All I've been seeing in this thread is how the NEC was originally
intended to keep stupid contractors from burning down houses.

I don't see how replacing two words that are spelled very differently
with two words that are spelled almost identically helps that cause.

Perhaps they could have made better choices, perhaps not.

Perhaps not!? * Really?

*I* don't have any trouble keeping the two terms straight. ;-)

Perhaps whoever came up with the traffic light made the better choice
between red-yellow-green and red-yellow-brown. *:-)

Considering that a small but significant fraction of males see both red and
green as brown, red-yellow-blue would have been a much better choice.

But the NEC does
very clearly and explicitly define the terms "Grounded conductor" and
"Grounding conductor" in Article 100.

I would hope so.

They define *everything*.- Hide quoted text -

"older people loose red sensing"

Yeah, but the *position* of each light doesn't change.