Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Trailer sides, solid or expanded?

Jon Danniken wrote:

stryped wrote:
On Jun 9, 10:59 am, "Up North" wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

I have a 12 foot dual axle trailer with angle sides. Been thinking
of building a ramp and enclosing the sides. WOuld solid 1/8 inch or
3/4 inch expanded be better? The floor is wood.

Check out the weight of your 1/8" steel side panels. 1/2" plywood
would be my choice.

http://www.chapelsteel.com/weight-steel-plate.html
Steve

Would painted osb work? How would I attach wood to the angle iron
sides?

OSB works well as a sheathing layer underneath tyvek and siding, but for
your application it will barely be a step above particle board. As you want
a higher degree of strength and resistance to falling apart, you should go
with plywood.

Jon

Consider FRP paneling - thin, light, waterproof, easy to clean, etc.