Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Trailer sides, solid or expanded?

On Jun 9, 10:10*am, stryped wrote:
On Jun 9, 10:59*am, "Up North" wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message

I have a 12 foot dual axle trailer with angle sides. Been thinking of
building a ramp and enclosing the sides. WOuld solid 1/8 inch or 3/4
inch expanded be better? The floor is wood.

Check out the weight of your 1/8" steel side panels. 1/2" plywood would be
my choice.

http://www.chapelsteel.com/weight-steel-plate.html
Steve

Would painted osb work? How would I attach wood to the angle iron
sides?

Um, bolts, maybe, same as anyone else? If you need flat inside, they
sell elevator bolts, like a carriage bolt only with a flat head. You
aren't building a battleship, you want a trailer to be light so you
don't burn up a tank just hauling it over to where you're going to
pick up stuff.

Stan