Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Identifying a Faucet

On Jun 8, 1:27�pm, mcp6453 wrote:
On 6/8/2010 11:30 AM, jamesgangnc wrote:

If you have a puller that you think will grab the sides of the handle
then you can put something small on top of the shaft to deal with the
center pin being too large. �Like a small nut. �You could also try
leaving the screw in but loosened but there is a risk that pushing
against it will deform the threads.

Not that it's a bad thing to get a new tool :-)

Leaving the screw in but loosening it may work. If I do that, though, I
will deprive myself of a new tool. There could be a time in the future
when loosening the screw will not work and I'll need the tool. Plus,
with inevitable inflation, the tool could cost a lot more next year, so
I need to get it this year. (Ignore that I have not needed one in the
last fifty years.)

nope tool prices may fall with the new factory opening on the island
of datlya. the islanders are thrilled to make 3 cents a day.

perfect to export into the US