Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Searcher7 Searcher7 is offline

Default Precision vs. "Regular" collets

I entertained the idea of filling out the rest of my set of 5C collets
several years ago. Now I'm thinking about it again, but there is a
possible issue which I didn't really consider originally.

For those who have experience with the import(regular) collets can you
give me an idea of the kind of problems you've run into, if any, due
to collet inaccuracy? (Before I get the other 32 to complete my round
set).

And am I correct in assuming that even import(regular) collets
wouldn't be anywhere near 1/64th of an inch off of perfect?

Can I also assume that as long as the correct collet is used there
really shouldn't be any real wear?

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.