Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

"Bill" writes:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Bill"
wrote:

"Josepi" wrote in message
Top of what?

I apologize for not wording my question more effectively. Here's another
try:

A few months ago, the idea of a "quad in a box" as a go-anywhere power
source
was brought up.

Doug -- Wouldn't this be considered an extension of the branch
circuit/outlet since it is an outlet itself? Maybe it's gets omitted for
being temporary. This same mechanism seems like the best way to add
outlets underneath the table of a workbench. Do you think that this is this
just as permissable?

It's no different than any extension cord. Use type SJ 12-3 with ground
and a 4" deep box; make sure you use the appropriate fitting to hold
the SJ to the box. If you use a metal box, make sure you ground the box.

scott