Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On 6/7/10 11:17 PM, Bill wrote:
"Doug wrote in message
In , "Bill"
wrote:

wrote in message
Top of what?

I apologize for not wording my question more effectively. Here's another
try:

A few months ago, the idea of a "quad in a box" as a go-anywhere power
source
was brought up.

Can one power this configuration by plugging it into a wall outlet without
violating the NEC?

Yes, of course. The NEC is concerned with services, feeders, and branch
circuits -- basically, everything between the service drop and the outlet.
What's on *your* side of the outlet is of no concern to the NEC.

Josephi - You read my mind. A pair of duplex outlets was what I had in mind
by "quad in a box". I honestly did not intend to be vague.

I see these all the time and have built many.
I also hear that phrase all the time... it may be a regional thing.

All you're talking about is a homemade extension cord with 4 outlets.
Couldn't you just buy a power strip with a long cord? Those thing are
already UL listed and many of them have a built-in GFCI on the plug.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--