Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Jewish Pirates.

harry wrote:
On Jun 7, 7:38 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

We have been fighting tyrants for more than a thousand years.
Falkland islands.
When was the last war YOU won without our help.
Hmmm. Vietnam? Oh sorry, you lost. We weren't there to help you.

Revisionist. The U.S. did NOT lose the Vietnam war. That conflict was
concluded with a peace treaty (for which Henry Kissinger won a Nobel
Prize).

It was more than a year after the last U.S. combat troops left Viet
Nam that the North Vietnamese entered Saigon.

Yes, I can see in your warped view you won in Vietnam. Just like you
think you've won in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I didn't say we WON; I said we didn't lose.

You dropped more bombs in Vietnam than the whole of ww2 & still lost
Quote:-

No matter. We killed a lot of slopes. And we didn't lose.

An embittered and tearful President Thieu resigned on the same day,
declaring that the US had betrayed South Vietnam. In a scathing
attack, he suggested U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger had
tricked him into signing the Paris peace agreement two years ago,
promising military aid which then failed to materialise.

“ At the time of the peace agreement the United States agreed to
replace equipment on a one-by-one basis.But the United States did not
keep its word. Is an American's word reliable these days?...The United
States did not keep its promise to help us fight for freedom and it
was in the same fight that the United States lost 50,000 of its young
men.

I agree the whole ending was shameful.

It was the Democrats in Congress - who got us into the war in the first
place - that refused, over and over, to fund continued support for South
Vietnam.

Despicable creatures, Democrats.