Silvan

Default OT - OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ - additional memories

Dave Fleming wrote:

Teaberry Gum

They still sell that.

It was cool... On a recent Scout camping trip, we found teaberries for
real. I hadn't had a teaberry in years!

They taste just like the gum, only pulpier.

Magnavox Solid Mahogony Console Radio with built in turntable to play
78s and 33 RPM records before 45s came on the scene
( wood topic )

How about those old ultrasonic remote controls? My aunt had a console TV
radio/hi fi about the size of a battleship, with around 30,000 vacuum tubes
in it. She had a two-button remote the size of a small toaster. I
remember Mom picking me up after work (Aunt Edith was my babysitter) and as
her keys would jingle on her way to the door, the TV would change channels
randomly. Pretty neat.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/