V.E. Dorn

Default Shop Fox vs. Grizzly Cabinet Saws

Because when you use a dado blade on a right tilt saw, your scale is still
correct because the blades pack to the left (as you're facing the front).
The advantages to left tilt is that you have storage area under the right
part of the saw because the opening to the cabinet is on the left side, you
can more easily change blades from the front of the saw because the nut on
the arbor turns correctly, (left to losen, right to tighten) Lastly, some
argue that there is less chance of a pinch kickback when using the blade at
an angle because it's facing away from the fence. However, I don't
personally care for the miter slot being so far away from the blade on the
left side with a left tilt saw.

Don

Brian wrote in message

I do think that when I am ready to use a dado set next time (I own two)

will wish I had right tilt.

Montyhp

Ok I'll bite.... Why does it matter for dadoing?

Brian.