Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Rob H. Rob H. is offline

Default What is it? Weekend edition

O.K. The images are confused a bit by whatever was in the
background. So I have some questions:

1) Is there a hole through the stems.

2) Do the tops come off? It looks like it might be a ground-glass
stopper fit with silicone vacuum grease making it appear to be
a single piece.

3) Is the bottom rim a ground glass surface?

If the answer to all three of these is "yes", than I think that
what you have here is a lab manifold for connecting a single
vacuum source (coming through a cast iron or steel plate) and
connecting it to up to five different objects which need the
vacuum. (If less than five are in use at a time, the caps from
question (2) are left on the unused fittings.

On Saturday I sent your questions to the owners of the items, I'll post
their replies when I hear back.

Rob